Submit Comments to the FDAFarmFirst Dairy Cooperative has been engaged on accurate dairy labeling for years - and the time is now for the FDA to realize why their existing definition for dairy needs to be enforced.
The FDA has extended the public comment period one last time in regards to dairy labeling. While many comments suggest there is no issue, the dairy industry has several meaningful points. Start the new year advocating for dairy by submitting your own comments in support of only real dairy products using dairy terms on their food labels.
Submitting comments is easy!
1. Prepare your comments. The easiest way is to type your comments and then to submit them on the online form. Paper submissions are welcome too. Consider using real data along with your story as a dairy farmer. Comments are more meaningful when they are not the same form letter repeatedly submitted.
2. Visit https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=FDA-2018-N-3522-4873 for the comment docket.
3. At this Regulations.gov page, you’ll find a button called ‘Comment Now!’ on the upper right-hand side of the webpage. Click this button.
4. Submit your comments! Type or paste your comments on this new comment webpage, or you can upload a file. Complete the rest of the form, which includes selecting a category which would be ‘Food Industry – D0017’. Review your information and then click to ‘submit’ your comments.
5. You’re done! A confirmation email should be sent to your inbox, and your comment should appear on the FDA docket within a few days of your submission. Need assistance in submitting comments? Call the FarmFirst office at 608-244-3373.
Submit comments to the FDA by January 28, 2019 and remind the FDA of the true value the word ‘milk’ brings to the dairy case.